rconNET Admin Tools
Impressum

Forum / Support

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Message Author

Re: FreeSlotController

by TomLexx » Wed 13. Nov 2013, 16:19

Wunderkind93 wrote:
Most of the players are looking for "(almost) full servers". This plugin is changing your slots, depending on the players on your servers. You can set in the plugin, that it shows the max. of slots = 16, and as soon as 16 players are on the servers, its changing on 24, just as example. BUT this plugin is hard to use, most of the users can't configure it correctly and there were a lot of trouble with it.

OK I kind of figured. And can somebody lay out the screens of your settings? I now have a server for 70 people.

by TomLexx » Tue 19. Nov 2013, 18:32

I still do not understand why you need this plugin :wut:

by Crispy » Tue 19. Nov 2013, 21:03

TomLexx wrote:
I still do not understand why you need this plugin :wut:

No, problem. You dont need it at all. An I personally think that it is completly nonsens, but some admins feel better if they use it. Don't worry.

Administrator

by Chef_uk » Sat 23. Nov 2013, 00:08

I've had this argument with some of my clan members over its use and effectiveness. They can't get it out of their head that this plugin is to help fill a server. It isn't. It comes in to effect once a server is full.

When the round ends and you get that drop of around a quarter of the server, instead of the server showing 16 empty slots, it will reduce the max so there's a couple of free slots making it look like a near full server. New players are then drawn to that and connect which in turn see's this plugin work its way back up to 64 slots.

Here in the UK, we start to see a bigger drop of players after 11pm. This plugin helps keep our servers full until 3am.